NAL REPORT - WIZARD WINDSHIELD REPAIR U.S. AIR FORCE
FINAL REPORT - WIZARD WINDSHIELD REPAIR KIT
Project No. T93-73
U.S. AIR FORCE
FINAL REPORT - WIZARD WINDSHIELD REPLACEMENT KIT
Project No. T93-73
Bailment No. 93-73
Absolute windshield replacement cost
1. Project Description:
a. Purpose: To determine, through field evaluation, if the bailed unit offers sufficient advantages over present methods used to justify Air Force adoption.
b. Equipment Evaluated: Wizard windshield repair kit.
a. Background: The Windshield Repair Kit was utilized by the Vehicle Maintenance Flights, at the test sites. The bailed item was used to repair all types of breaks on fifty-five (55) vehicles.
b. Problems: None.
3. Guidelines: All guidelines were followed as outlined in the Project Directive.
4. Advantages: The bailed unit is an excellent windshield repair kit that will meet or exceed any maintenance repair needs. It's quick and easy to use and most technicians can be taught the repair technique in a short period of time. The average time it takes to repair a crack is approximately ten (10) minutes. The kit is durable and versatile, it can be used to repair cracks several inches in length. The kit comes in a small carrying case and weighs approximately ten (10) pounds, making it easy to carry to any location. Additionally, the Windshield Repair Kit comes with a training video that demonstrates how to repair the different types of cracks.
5. Disadvantages: None.
6. Safety: The bailed item is safe to use as long as proper eye goggles are worn.
a. Tangible savings: The Windshield Repair Kit will save any maintenance shop a considerable amount of expenditure within a short time frame by eliminating contract repair service. In addition, those maintenance shops that do not use contract repair service to fix small cracks and allow the windshield to crack beyond repair, will more than recoup the cost of the windshield kit by repairing one windshield.
b. Intangible savings: The Wizard Windshield Kit is light weight, easy to setup and use, and requires very little training in mastering the repair techniques.
8. Conclusions: The Wizard Windshield Repair Kit definitely can save many dollars by eliminating contract repair service and will considerably decrease the replacement of windshields.
9. Recommendations: It is recommended that the Wizard Windshield Repair Kit or equal type be adopted for Air Force use. Those units desiring to obtain this type equipment should do so using established local procurement procedures.
10. On behalf of the Air Force, we wish to express our appreciation for your participation in this project. We welcome items for project consideration that have the potential for solving vehicle and equipment maintenance problems and improving equipment/vehicle effectiveness.For further reading on correct tips, visit thewindshieldguide.com.
SOME OF THE LARGEST VEHICLE
USING THE GLASS WIZARD SYSTEM